Wall Layers Question...

HumbleChief

This has always bugged me, but wall layers only draw one line, starting from layer 1, it draws the top-most line, 2 draws the line between layer 1 and 2, and so on, but that leaves the very last wall layer in any assembly missing the innermost line. That's what that special layer is for.

If you set it to some other Line style or color, you'll see the drywall surface line change.

Yes it's just the Inner line so it shows in Plan View

* it's not a good idea Larry to add layers of Paint on Walls ......as Chief only wraps the outer most layer around the ends etc of walls....

instead take the RGB No# from your ADU-Beige Color and use it for the Drywall's Color instead of Chief's default Beige.

M.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

* it's not a good idea Larry to add layers of Paint on Walls

It's also adding an extra 1/16", per side. maybe not that important but I'd avoid adding an unnecessary 1/8" to my interior walls if I can help it. definitely easier to adjust the color of the drywall than it is to change the Dimension rounding. Of course once a room is painted this color is overridden anyway.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

Yes it's just the Inner line so it shows in Plan View

* it's not a good idea Larry to add layers of Paint on Walls ......as Chief only wraps the outer most layer around the ends etc of walls....

instead take the RGB No# from your ADU-Beige Color and use it for the Drywall's Color instead of Chief's default Beige.

M.

Thanks, in the almost 25 years I've used Chief I've never, ever, used a paint layer. Didn't like the idea and won't use it again.