How To Build a Framed Raised Platform Within a Room?

HumbleChief

5 hours ago, HumbleChief said:

but there has to be an easier way?

Does there?

Two options come to mind immediately with this sort of thing:

1) Exactly what you did: Duplicate floor structure, add air gap. This is great because the cavity doesn't need to show on the plan, and the Relative Ceiling heights are totally functional.

2) Create that room on Floor 3. Shorten the cavity room on Floor 2. The downside is that obviously the cavity room shows on the floor 2 plan and the actual room is separated to Floor 3. Awkward. But it works.

• Upvote 1

On 11/22/2023 at 12:41 PM, Joe_Carrick said:

Place a landing right on top of the floor and size it to your desired width, depth & height.

Thanks Joe, that might work in the demo plan but the floor plan I'm trying to duplicate is very odd shaped and I need to spec the framing with more detail.

On 11/22/2023 at 4:28 PM, TeaTime said:

Does there?

Two options come to mind immediately with this sort of thing:

1) Exactly what you did: Duplicate floor structure, add air gap. This is great because the cavity doesn't need to show on the plan, and the Relative Ceiling heights are totally functional.

2) Create that room on Floor 3. Shorten the cavity room on Floor 2. The downside is that obviously the cavity room shows on the floor 2 plan and the actual room is separated to Floor 3. Awkward. But it works.

Thanks Tea, and I'm thinking since I've done the leg work on the real plan I should just stick with this idea.