Soffit - How do I remove the automated baseboard molding?

DefinedDesign

Go to solution Solved by DBCooper,

Hello!  I'm using CA X12 and attempting to mock up a wall using soffits so I can detail how to attach different materials to an existing wall for the carpenters building stairs.  My problem is the middle soffit goes floor to ceiling and I don't see settings to get rid of the baseboard molding.  I've checked Ignore Room Moldings (Soffit Specification Box >General >Options) but the baseboard molding remains.  I should also mention in the soffit specification box under moldings there are no moldings.

620796126_ScreenShot2023-11-14at2_22_18PM.thumb.png.db7e8244dce978d450f41c8783e691ad.png

Thanks in advance!

28 minutes ago, DefinedDesign said:

I've unchecked Ignore Room Moldings (Soffit Specification Box >General >Options) but the baseboard molding remains

Unless this somehow didn't work right in X12, that should do it.

Maybe try lifting it 1/16" off the floor - if it's not ON the floor, it shouldn't pick up the floors' moldings.

Still requires rebuilding 3D though - moldings don't redraw until that happens.

• Solution

First, check "ignore room moldings" in the soffit dialog and then rebuild 3D should update the room moldings and they should ignore the soffit and not build around them..

The only reasons I can think that this wouldn't work is if your room moldings were converted into custom molding polylines or your soffit has a custom molding applied to it.

If it's not one of these things, then post your plan.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TeaTime said:

Unless this somehow didn't work right in X12, that should do it.

Maybe try lifting it 1/16" off the floor - if it's not ON the floor, it shouldn't pick up the floors' moldings.

Still requires rebuilding 3D though - moldings don't redraw until that happens.

Most likely an X12 issue as none of the suggestions are working.  I added 1/2 plywood over top of it to make it go away.

2 hours ago, DBCooper said:

First, check "ignore room moldings" in the soffit dialog and then rebuild 3D should update the room moldings and they should ignore the soffit and not build around them..

The only reasons I can think that this wouldn't work is if your room moldings were converted into custom molding polylines or your soffit has a custom molding applied to it.

Thanks it doesn't work I suspect it is an X12 issue or a CA issue on a Macbook Pro.  I added 1/2 plywood to make it disappear.

2 hours ago, DBCooper said:

I literally stepped away from my laptop for an hour to take a neighbor to pick up their car and responded to your post that it won't work as I tried multiple times.  So for kicks I try again and it works :wacko: I didn't close my laptop, I just left it for an hour.  Marking your answer as the solution, thanks!

3 hours ago, DefinedDesign said:

Thanks it doesn't work I suspect it is an X12 issue or a CA issue on a Macbook Pro.  I added 1/2 plywood to make it disappear.

If you don't need moldings ?  I'd suggest you use 3D solids instead, and if moldings are need use a Molding Polyline for them.

M.

• Like 1