modifying terrain to create even slope for driveway

NewbieMichael

Go to solution Solved by TeaTime,

Does anyone have a suggestion to modify terrain to create an even slope to be used for driveway?  The terrain is on solid rock (I created the terrain using elevation data) and the elevation region tool works well for flat level areas that will be blasted.  It would be nice if the elevation region tool included options for sloping as well.

gambier driveway.jpg

• Solution

Road objects will always be flat side to side but slope in the direction they're drawn (only the Line/Spline ones, polylines just follow the terrain). So long as you're using the line/spline tools it should maintain general sloped/flatness - however if you're crossing over other terrain elevation data lines, it's going to be competing with that data. I'd recommend cutting away any terrain lines/regions that the driveway is crossing over, making a path for the driveway.

Also, depending on the existing elevation data, you may also need to add in some elevation lines within the driveway to force it to behave.

This is where CA could really do some amazing work if they allowed users to control a flat area that would include a slope, such as a roof or ceiling plane.  This would be a wonderful improvement to CA's terrain features in my opinion.

• Like 1

On 10/31/2023 at 12:01 PM, TeaTime said:

however if you're crossing over other terrain elevation data lines, it's going to be competing with that data.

Just FYI .....This should not be done , it leads to a whole lot of "crazy" :) in the Terrain at they fight each other for Control 

On 10/31/2023 at 12:01 PM, TeaTime said:

I'd recommend cutting away any terrain lines/regions that the driveway is crossing over, making a path for the driveway.

definitely the way to go I think too...

M.