Ceiling exceeding above railing wall and material application

DanielleDubuc

Hi everybody,

Can someone tell me why I have this ceiling exceeding above the railing wall, and how to fix that issue please.

Also, I can't modify the drywall color of the triangle on the railing to give it the same white of the rest. There is no mention of drywall in the DBX materials list. I've cover it with a backsplash, but I would prefer to fix the problem at the source.

Thanks in advance!

ceiling exceeding.jpg

37 minutes ago, DanielleDubuc said:

Hi everybody,

Can someone tell me why I have this ceiling exceeding above the railing wall, and how to fix that issue please.

Also, I can't modify the drywall color of the triangle on the railing to give it the same white of the rest. There is no mention of drywall in the DBX materials list. I've cover it with a backsplash, but I would prefer to fix the problem at the source.

Thanks in advance!

ceiling exceeding.jpg

Post the plan, but most likely you have an "attic wall" misaligned to the railing wall.

4 hours ago, rgardner said:

Post the plan, but most likely you have an "attic wall" misaligned to the railing wall.

Thank you for your help Ryan. I don't know if you wanted the real plan  file, or an image. So here is a plan image with the attic floor referenced. I don't see any misaligned wall. If you want the plan file, I will post it.

Thanks again!

Danielle

Exceeding ceiling.jpg

I don't see any misaligned wall.

Yeah, if those red lines are from the ref display, they are showing the walls on the floor above (or below) and telling you that you have a wall next to the stair but not actually aligned with the stair support wall.  This is probably what is causing the ceiling issue.  It will also probably cause the framers to scratch their heads and say bad words.  Might want to also take a look at the wall above/below the bed/bath.  

4 hours ago, DBCooper said:

Yeah, if those red lines are from the ref display, they are showing the walls on the floor above (or below) and telling you that you have a wall next to the stair but not actually aligned with the stair support wall.  This is probably what is causing the ceiling issue.  It will also probably cause the framers to scratch their heads and say bad words.  Might want to also take a look at the wall above/below the bed/bath.  

Thanks DBCooper (As I can see, they finally found you!  :) for pointing the bath walls alignment. I didn't pay attention to those referenced bathroom walls because they will remain in place. But you are right, I should have placed them accurately.

The red line next to the railing is the attic wall reference. The only wall of the stair case that will be touched is the one replaced by a railing. And that railing is 9" thick instead of 4 1/2", so it is actually exceeding in the cathedral part. That is what I figured was causing the ceiling exceed and this is what I am trying to fix

Danielle