Text In Elevation Causing Crash

NRST8TRKR

Update,

Was using x-7, 32 -bit on laptop.

Moved plan file to desktop 64-bit version x-7 and no problem. Plain text works as it should.

Will uninstall x-7 from laptop and try a reinstall and see what happens.

Thanks to all for looking and comments,

Looks like rest of weekend will be shoveling snow,Ken

Thanks Doug,

I am not getting any out of memory or video card, messages.

As stated above I have transferred the  plan to my desktop and all is well.

Will reload on laptop when I have time and investigate further at that time.

For now will proceed on desktop.

Have a great week,Ken

For what it's worth I had X7 crash last night when I turn all layers on in elevation view. Its a project with a steep terrain and a few retaining walls which have caused me issues in the past   It just went glitchy then locked up. First time its happened in X7 and I'm using 64bit with more ram than I can poke a stick at. Sent the bug report in anyway.    

When you run out of memory you might not get a message saying that you did. The problem with running out of memory is that there may not be enough memory to provide a meaningful error message. While running out of memory is a high probability crash in the 32 bit version it won't be a crash in 64 bit. In 64 bit instead of running out of memory the system will get slower and slower until you either close the program or you are forced to kill it because it is unresponsive.

Other crashes can happen and should be reported even if you can't reliably reproduce them. Sometimes we can reproduce them in a debugging build of the program. But even if we can't knowing that a crash exists is the first step to finding and fixing it.

Thanks for reporting your issues.

• 3 weeks later...