My First Question!

MajJFGrayRet

Actually, I have a million questions, but let's start with one I have not been able to resolve myself.

Manually drawn roof planes. To most of you seasoned pros and well education amateurs, this may appear a simple problem.

I am struggling with the roof line at the rear of the garage whew the gable meets to down-slope of the Hip roof. The slope is shortened at the back of the garage but continues down over the bathroom (short wall perpendicular to the back garage wall). There is a stair-well there that leads to an above garage storage area.
I have tried multiple ways to accomplish this, but I cannot get it.

I would greatly appreaciate any ideas.

House Rear Corner Elevation.jpg

House Rear Elevation 2.jpg

Rear Elevation.jpg

11 hours ago, Chrisb222 said:

Posting the plan would allow someone to work it out.

Yes, much easier to have a quick look if posted, just be aware that you can only Upload 14mb here otherwise you need to Link to OneDrive or ICloud etc.

Some Questions may require the Version of chief you are Using too for the best answer but it also Helps anyone offering help to use the same version as you , otherwise you may not be able to open any re-posted plans offering solutions.... usually the best way is to add a Forum Signature , see this Thread on that.........

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/18908-signature-here-at-chief-talk/?tab=comments#comment-155662

Mick

I am not really sure what your question is since what I am seeing is the roofs connecting. I do have a question though. Can you eliminate the change in the massing where I have circled it? The building already has a lot of complexity and this spot looks like it needs some simplification which would possibly clean up some of the mashing of roof lines above this spot.

image.thumb.png.cbabbfe4f917950b0509aa600747d227.png

9 hours ago, Gawdzira said:

Can you eliminate the change in the massing where I have circled it?

Just guessing here since OP hasn't returned, but probably not easily:

On 9/24/2023 at 11:33 PM, MajJFGrayRet said:

There is a stair-well there that leads to an above garage storage area.