Low Pitch roof - surface layers

armfx89

2 minutes ago, armfx89 said:

Anyone knows the surface layers i can use for such roof

You could go with a standing seam metal roof or a single-ply membrane roof such as TPO.  Check with a roofer or roofing manufacturer to confirm the minimum slope required for the roofing product.

Jim

• Like 1

I see your over in Calgary, I know here in MB there are a few different ways of going about this. Like JKEdmo said above, standing seam or TPO membrane are the most common. You can use other metal roofing types with some extra ice and water guard on the bottom edge of the roofline.  What is the structure? There are also going to be different regulations depending on the application of the building, ie storage shed vs residential etc. 

Most pole sheds etc are just 24" truss spacing / 1x4 purlins / foil backed roll insulation / 20" pan Standing Seam roofing.

On 8/30/2023 at 8:26 PM, armfx89 said:

Anyone knows the surface layers I can use for such roof?

Peal and stick baby!

Sheath the roof with OSB and tape the joints to seal them. Apply any flashing and drip edge:

IMG_2720.thumb.JPG.a88890721ab4ba39becc64cb26997c16.JPG

Seal the roof with the recommended sealant:

IMG_2735.thumb.JPG.8a622d3d7c339b55b6dcc0a3663c7d8e.JPG

Roll out the roofing material removing the covering on the adhesive backing as you go:

IMG_2744.thumb.JPG.2f3c5f496cc5007bde9e3dee613bcf10.JPG

Easy peasy, this is the stuff:

GAF   Liberty 3 ft. x 34 ft. (100 sq. ft.) SBS Self-Adhering Cap Sheet Roll for Low Slope Roofing in White