A little stumped

BigTicket

Hello everyone. This is my first time posting although I have I have been using Chief for quite a while. I mainly work on small additions, decks, and some occasional residential plans. I am working on a residential plan for my brother and sister-in-law, and they want a brick or stone veneer to come up the exterior wall and stop under the windows. This is my first attempt.  What is the best way to accomplish this? I see where some use the pony wall feature. I am using 2x6 exterior walls and want them to set flush with the 8" block underneath. I am using a 4"brick/8" block foundation wall.  I appreciate someone pointing me in the right direction I have experimented some with the pony wall but my exterior walls are splitting the veneer if that makes sense. 

I hope to take some Chief training classes soon now that I am retired.

Chris

Mortarless.jpg

The photo looks to me like the builder used manufactured stone, something like Cultured Stone, made by Owens Corning.

Since that product and others in the same class are applied with adhesive to the wall, there is no foundation with brick ledge under.

Use a material region for the stone veneer, and a molding for the "wall cap" run above the stone.

I'd suggest a visit to OC's website, and others, like Coronado, to study their installation instructions, so you can learn the details, and best use Chief to model this, exactly how it gets built.

In practice if there is no protruding footing to build the new part of the wall on. Then you simply create a footing designed by an engineer that butts up against the edge of the existing slab or footing that will be doweled into with rods that are drilled and usually glued in. There are many ways to do this with Chief, a pony wall with a footing underneath will work. You will figure it out.

Edit: Building regulations vary in different parts of the world so it’s good to consult what is an acceptable method of construction in your area.

11 hours ago, GeneDavis said:

The photo looks to me like the builder used manufactured stone, something like Cultured Stone, made by Owens Corning.

Since that product and others in the same class are applied with adhesive to the wall, there is no foundation with brick ledge under.

Use a material region for the stone veneer, and a molding for the "wall cap" run above the stone.

I'd suggest a visit to OC's website, and others, like Coronado, to study their installation instructions, so you can learn the details, and best use Chief to model this, exactly how it gets built.

Judging by the picture, I totally agree with Gene.

Looks like C. S. 

No brick ledge needed ..