chief architect x15 standard view walls not showing

resdes

When choosing the "full perspective view" on a floor plan and choosing the standard view, the materials do not show up. The "active layer display" used layers have been turned on but the materials/view do not show up. How do I correct this? Thank you.

Capture.JPG

• resdes changed the title to chief architect x15 standard view walls not showing

Have the walls been marked as invisible?

Are the walls using transparent materials?

Are the walls on the normal walls layer?

If it's not one of these, then you might want to post the plan.

More thoughts:

Does it happen in all plans, or just one plan?  If it is just one plan, then you should post it.  If it happens in all your plans, then it could be the result of a video card or driver problem.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2023 at 10:49 AM, DBCooper said:

Have the walls been marked as invisible?

Are the walls using transparent materials?

Are the walls on the normal walls layer?

If it's not one of these, then you might want to post the plan.

More thoughts:

Does it happen in all plans, or just one plan?  If it is just one plan, then you should post it.  If it happens in all your plans, then it could be the result of a video card or driver problem.

Just like "Dtrconstruction" mentioned, this happened after I upgraded to X15. 

The walls are regular 2x6 walls, not invisible or transparent materials. This happens on all my floor plans.

What do you mean "post the plan" 

Thank you.

"Post the plan" means attach a copy of the plan to your post so that someone else can download it and see if they have the same problem.  You usually have to make a zip or archive version of the plan in order to attach it because this forum has limits on how big an attached file can be.  Some times you need to remove extra stuff to try and make the plan file smaller so you can attach it.  Some people prefer to put a link to a plan file on a cloud account when it is too big to post.

In your case, I really suspect that it is just a video card or driver issue (like it turned out to be for DT).

If all else fails, then you might want to contact tech support.

37 minutes ago, resdes said:

Just like "Dtrconstruction" mentioned, this happened after I upgraded to X15. 

The walls are regular 2x6 walls, not invisible or transparent materials. This happens on all my floor plans.

What do you mean "post the plan" 

Thank you.

Could be a graphics card issue - although I'm not 100% certain.  How old is your setup - is your graphic card up to date?