Image is importing with file name as text

WooleyP-GC

Hello, I am new to Chief Architect and am working on setting up my layout template. Every time I import an image the name of the image file is also being pulled into the layout page. I do not see a way to delete the text that is being pulled in with the image. I am wondering if anyone else has ever had this issue and knows how to remove the text. Thank you!

24 minutes ago, WooleyP-GC said:

Hello, I am new to Chief Architect and am working on setting up my layout template. Every time I import an image the name of the image file is also being pulled into the layout page. I do not see a way to delete the text that is being pulled in with the image. I am wondering if anyone else has ever had this issue and knows how to remove the text. Thank you!

Search the help file for "layout box label"

Search the help file for "layout box label"

It's probably not a layout box.

Assuming that you used "file, import picture", then you have created a "picture file box" directly on your layout.  If you see text below this box, than that is probably the label for the box.  

If you don't want to see any labels on any imported pictures or pdfs, then just turn off the layer for "picture/pdf boxes, labels".  

If you don't want to see the label on just this box, then open the dialog and check the box for "suppress label".

This works very similar to how labels work on many other objects but the layer used for the label can be different.  The easiest way to see what layers an object is using is to select the object and then use the "object layer properties" button.  Or, if you have the "active layer display options" (aka ALDO) open, this will show you the relevant layers.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DBCooper said:

It's probably not a layout box.

Yeah, same concept and would allow the OP to learn more about "Why" those labels are showing up and how powerful they can be for construction documents. 

You are correct in this particular case they are probably dragging them directly into the layout and it would be a picture or pdf label.

1 hour ago, WooleyP-GC said:

I am still getting used to all the layers and being able to turn them on and off.

FYI, in a broadly sense, when simply selecting an object the Active Layer Display Options side window will show you the layer the object it on (highlighted), and all other layers related to that object

image.thumb.png.cd035b911e6429f461f85506937a5492.png 

so in this case just clicking on the image you'd have seen both the picture layer and the label checked to be displayed and you could easily uncheck the label layer there.

1 hour ago, TeaTime said:

when simply selecting an object the Active Layer Display Options side window will show you the layer the object it on (highlighted), and all other layers related to that object

Of course you're correct, providing one has the side window open. Just adding that for completeness :)

• Upvote 1

The easiest way to see what layers an object is using is to select the object and then use the "object layer properties" button.  Or, if you have the "active layer display options" (aka ALDO) open, this will show you the relevant layers.

This ^^^^ :)