minimum roof size?

SHCanada2

10 hours ago, rgardner said:

Change your roof plane settings.

trying to auto do it. doesnt seem to work

30 minutes ago, DBCooper said:

Did you try playing with the "minimum alcove size" in the build roof dialog?

just tried setting to 2". made no difference

interesting. my walls have basically the same settings,  i changed my room height for the cant to be 48 to see if something would change, no change, still the 24" roof.

I tried pulling the exterior wall right through instead of just breaking the exterior wall to a bump out, no difference.

...a little stumped

3 hours ago, SHCanada2 said:

interesting. my walls have basically the same settings,  i changed my room height for the cant to be 48 to see if something would change, no change, still the 24" roof.

I tried pulling the exterior wall right through instead of just breaking the exterior wall to a bump out, no difference.

...a little stumped

post the plan.

On 7/19/2023 at 8:56 AM, TeaTime said:

Uncheck Same Eave Heights in the Build Roof dialog.

the doc indicates:

• When Same Height Eaves is checked, any non-default overhang values specified in the Wall Specification dialog are used. Roof planes are raised or lowered so that the eave height is the same, regardless of the horizontal overhang.

it worked, thanks you

but not sure why. This is a 4; tall cantilever. if the "eave height" is to the distance from zero to bottom of eave, then by CA adding an extra 2' to the roof didnt actually make it same height to anything. i.e what eave is it matching to

I suppose if "Eave height" means the distance from top plate to the bottom of the eave (or more likely the bottom of the fascia board), then it should change with the pitch. so i changed to a 4:12 and sure enough the eave is now 3' instead of 2'

I would think though this setting should be on the wall and not global? otherwise if i have different pitched roofs on my top floor and I have this cantilever, it will not work for both