WALL DBX "EXTENSION"

mtldesigns

Maybe I am looking in the wrong place...?

Maybe so, I just clicked on the "help" button in the dialog and it says this:

• Click in the Extension column to type how far the selected layer extends past its default bottom elevation, either at the bottom of the wall's bottom plate or that of the floor platform it builds on. Only available for Exterior wall layers, the highest Extension value is also applied to the wall type's Brick Ledge Depth, set on the Wall Properties Tab.

My guess is that the tech article you found wasn't fully updated for X15 because it doesn't really say anything about it even though it shows up in the picture.

On 7/11/2023 at 11:21 PM, Kiwideziner said:

the distance the bottom of the wall is to the floor level,

On 7/11/2023 at 11:46 PM, DBCooper said:

type's Brick Ledge Depth

On 7/12/2023 at 12:19 PM, Kbird1 said:

about 2:30 in..

Ah..  thank you.  So basically my brick ledge depth in this case.  

Sorry for late reply.  Lost power to a storm yesterday and I didn't open internet when it came back up.

44 minutes ago, mtldesigns said:

So basically my brick ledge depth in this case.  

I'd think that should generate on it's own assuming a Brick ledge is specified, it more to fix the Issue that Chief has always had of stopping the siding at the bottom of walls, at the floor platform eg on a slab at 0" absolute  or where the siding stops at the top of the foundation wall, when in reality it extends down 1 1/2" - 2" in the real world to weather/air proof that joint.

M.

• Upvote 1