Interior walls changing roof design & layout?? Please Help!

NSBuilds

I am using X14 Premier.

I created all my exterior walls, set the roof pitch, everything was perfect.

I started drawing all my interior walls and when I went back to Perspective 3D view my rooflines all changed based on all my interior walls.

I'm guessing there must be a setting or something I'm missing? 

Screenshot 2023-06-06 135713.jpg

Screenshot 2023-06-06 135743.jpg

1 hour ago, NSBuilds said:

there must be a setting or something I'm missing

Probably not - but interior walls create rooms and room definitions control roof generation. So long as your rooms are set right, I wouldn't expect the roof to do anything different.

It's tough to give a clear answer without looking at the plan - and without knowing what you want the roof to look like (I mean, obviously not ^^^that^^^!)

What I'd probably suggest though is to (Save it first!) go through and delete walls until it goes back to how you had it when it was building correctly in order to determine which wall/room area is making it change. That'll at least give an idea of the cause for your effect.

It really depends on what roofline you are going for. I only leave auto roof build on for very simple structures, almost any design we do has the planes drawn manually. Not the answer that you are looking for but it may be what needs to be done.

You will want to share your plan with us, as TeaTime mentioned it's a bit difficult for us to help in these situations from screenshots.

I tried to quickly replicate your layout and it built out that upper wall for me but we probably have different options enabled.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, plannedRITE said:

I only leave auto roof build on for very simple structures, almost any design we do has the planes drawn manually.

I am in 100% agreement with this.   I would never take the  time required fiddling with trying to get chief to draw all the roof perfectly in an automatic fashion.   This becomes especially true with varying plate heights and offsets.    It is quicker to just draw the roofs you want then it is to fiddle with the plan, make invisible walls trying to define 'rooms' to get the roofs to auto gen.   I will use auto sometimes to just put a rough start on a a roof, but then I shut off and edit and draw roof planes as needed.

• Upvote 1