Interior walls with exterior siding in 3d view

Elliot

I just started a new drawing.  Simple rectangular house with 4 exterior walls and a couple of interior walls.  I started drawing the kitchen and when I did my first 3d view of the cabinet walls it showed exterior siding on one of the exterior walls and both of the interior walls. I checked the wall definition of the exterior wall and it shows Exterior 6 like it is supposed to but it shows exterior shingle siding on both sides of the wall inthe 3d. In the details of the wall definition is shows siding on the exterior and drywall on the interior.  

For the interior wall it shows Interior4. The 3d has exterior siding on both sides. But in the wall definition panel it shows drywall on both sides.

Is this a glitch?  Or am I doing something wrong?

thanks

i had the opposite problem earlier this year. drywall was showing on the outside. CA had altered the materials without telling me.

check thew materials in the wall specification

image.thumb.png.45655dece90aba95bb60d999ac9be092.png

the other thing to check is to ensure you have a "room" formed by the extrior walls

sometimes I find the basement wall gets extended to the roof, and there is actually no room on the main floor. 

• 2 weeks later...

Guys

I am still having ser Serious problems with this. I place an interior wall and sometimes one side of the wall will have exterior siding on it. When I check the wall definitions, it doesn't say anything about exterior siding. But in the 3D images, it shows a exterior signing. It's not even the sighting I set as default, which is a lap siding like Hardy. What is showing up in the 3D images is a cedar shingle, which is the default for the program. Somebody please help me. I really need to know how to fix this.. perhaps I should call the SAS service on Monday.

Glennw. I  did a complete plan backup and tried to attach it to this post. but it would not because the complete zip file is larger than 14mb whcih is the limit. Any other way to do this?

thanks

Elliot

Hey Elliot, I just noticed your signature and it says your using a GeForce 1060 video Card. Could that be part of the problem? My old laptop has the same card, and it does weird things with X15. Just guessing. 

Try making a copy of the plan and deleting everything that is not relevant to the walls (such as fixtures, furniture, cabinets, saved cameras, cad details, framing, etc.)  You can use the "delete objects" tool to do this very quickly.  You might not need to use "backup entire plan" unless you are using custom textures on your walls.

ShCanada2

I figured out what you were saying and that fixed the problem.  I was always going to the definition of the wall type and it would not work. But when i did like you showed me, selecting the materials item on the menu, it was really easy to change and it worked. All fixed

thanks everyone for all your suggestions.