HOW TO CREATE WINDOW MUNTINS LIKE THIS

jerryajohnson35

Go to solution Solved by TeaTime,

• 3 months later...
1 minute ago, TeaTime said:

Yo, it only shows up under the right conditions.

Pull up Help or slap that F1 and search "Load Muntin", there's a topic that explains it all pretty well.

Yo TeaTime, I clicked on a window and created a line for a muntin on this window and then blocked it.  Clicked the window and it does not show up at all.  I looked at the Load Muntin help and that is what brought me to here.

So according to the help file (under "Custom Muntins"):

The CAD block should cover at least half the glass horizontally and one quarter of the area vertically, but should not overlap it in either direction by more than five percent. Nested CAD blocks cannot be used. 

I suspect that your one line cad block doesn't meet these conditions.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, solver said:

Sometimes a bit of searching ...

Maybe I'm just tired after a long tea-filled weekend but boy that comes off condescending to me, especially when

1 hour ago, cjanderson66 said:

I have done a search

A few things though, in that thread you stated "You can't block a single line" -- though yes, you certainly can. You just can't use a single line CAD Block to load custom muntins (**EDIT: in some situations - see below**)

But you also weirdly glossed over @Alaskan_Son's perfectly viable and arguably much easier solution:

Draw your CAD Line, place a text box, leave it empty and just hit OK, then select both the CAD Line and the empty Text box, Block, select window and Load Muntin.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TeaTime said:

You just can't use a single line CAD Block to load custom muntins

1 minute ago, DBCooper said:

unless it meets the area rules I posted above

Oh, that's why. It's potentially rare that a single line will fulfil said criteria. Drew a diagonal line and it worked fine.

I stand corrected amended.