Modern Roof

timmy123

@Drawzilla :-P Perry, I am sure there is an easy way to do it. Please enlighten. I was able to change the sheathing to make it thicker say 2 feet (see attached image)

But still the ceiling does'nt look right since the rafters are exposed.

CJ I am trying to make a 2 feet thick 1/4" sloped roof, I am thinking of using tiles on top and around since the roof will be visible from the street.(just like the soffit example)

Thank you all for your responses.

post-734-0-32219700-1423631513_thumb.png

@Gawdzira...of course I would not actually use 2' thick sheathing....I was experimenting. I am trying to get this roof made but have no clue...I am thinking that increasing the fascia height is the way to go and then to fix the ceiling maybe lowering it so that it reaches the bottom of the eave?

See the attached image (Garage and Room roof) for the look I am trying to get. The room roof looks like a parapet roof however the garage roof I am not sure.

post-734-0-09581900-1423633527_thumb.png

Timmy:

It is hard to tell exactly how the roof of that building was built but it could be possible that there are parapet walls there with a low-sloped roof behind.  Such roofs are often drained in several locations by scuppers (holes) in the parapet walls which match up with the low spots in the roof surfaces behind them.  Sometimes roof drains are installed for drainage as well.  If you didn't want parapet walls then your roof structure could be built using trusses built such that the top chord is constructed at the 1/4:12 pitch you want.  They would closely resemble parallel chord trusses that are used for roofs and for floor structures.  You just need to specify the direction the roof will drain towards and input the proper spec's and Chief will build the roof that way.  If you have SSA and are a little unsure of how to proceed, I would suggest watching some of Chief's roof related training videos.