Layout - Project Browser Un-linking

DougDM

So for a few years I've been using the same layout,  As I make changes I save as layout and over-write the existing after removing client info and anything that is client specific.  Recently while In Project Browser I noticed a link to a plan file that's not associated with the current plan being worked on.  Is there a way to identify what in the layout is still linked to another plan file and if so, how do I break that link so when I re-save as a new template, open as default,  it's no longer listed.

Thank you in advance. 

I think the unlinking feature was added in X15 or X14 , in the save as template

image.thumb.png.f8e1bb55fd89ae7da7910f93829784d3.png

I dont think there is a way to see what is linked. I have seen a similar thing where there is a layout box still there linked to something.in the background on a page and discovered it by clicking

There is the Tools->layout->reference plan files, but that only tells if there is something, not what or where it is

1 hour ago, SHCanada2 said:

based on the other thread

there is the missing files check via Tools->checks. I've never tried it for layout

image.thumb.png.92cde60bbcb141874a0b240aeb38cb7c.png

Thanks Jason, I'll give it a go.

5 minutes ago, DougDM said:

Thanks Jason, I'll give it a go.

I tried it in both Plan and Layout, Everything in layout should be there but still getting another plan referenced. See attached

Muti plans in same Browser 2023-04-02_14-06-28.jpg

3 hours ago, DougDM said:

I tried it in both Plan and Layout, Everything in layout should be there but still getting another plan referenced. See attached

Muti plans in same Browser 2023-04-02_14-06-28.jpg

Try making the Layout Box Border's color Orange and make sure it is displayed in the ALDO and then just go page by page and see if you have an empty one ( or 2 ) delete any found and save the LO and close it, then re-open it and check again in the PB..... repeat till gone if needed....

M.

12 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

Try making the Layout Box Border's color Orange and make sure it is displayed in the ALDO and then just go page by page and see if you have an empty one ( or 2 ) delete any found and save the LO and close it, then re-open it and check again in the PB..... repeat till gone if needed....

M.

Yeah that should work...good idea

49 minutes ago, DougDM said:

Yeah that should work...good idea

Bummer, NG,...being the ALDO plan is out the door, I changed everything in the layout to a different color, saved, then opened the Phillips Layout, Nothing
I changed in Aldo layout had changed in Phillips. I'm thinking, being Aldo is done and out the door, If I move the Also plan file it to a different location or remove it completely from the drive it should remove it from the PB. Unfortunately doing this doesn't reveal the actual culprit.

Hi Doug,

Try this:

• In Layout, dlb click a Layout Box
  • In the Tab that's Highlighted check the Plan File Name
  • If that's the Plan you want to "Not be in the ALDO" either delete the Layout Box or Relink it to the correct file.
  • If not, close that Tab go to the next Layout Box 
  • Repeat for each Page in the Layout until you find offending Layout.

There may be more than one Layout Box using that file.

It's a tedious process but eventually you'll find the offending Layout Box.

On 4/2/2023 at 2:52 AM, DougDM said:

how do I break that link so when I re-save as a new template, open as default,  it's no longer listed.

This you should be able to do without even figuring the problem out. Just go to Tools>Layout>Referenced Plan Files and change all linked files to the one single file of your choice.  

On 4/3/2023 at 11:55 AM, Alaskan_Son said:

This you should be able to do without even figuring the problem out. Just go to Tools>Layout>Referenced Plan Files and change all linked files to the one single file of your choice.  

Thanks Michael... via Tools>Layout>Referenced plan files, it did show that Aldo plan file was being referenced...for now I just moved it to my Archives. No longer referencing but upon opening Phillips layout it's looking for it.  Just ignored for now,  My problem unfortunately is why...when I finished Aldo job I did a "save as" (as I typically do) the Layout as my default layout template deleting everything but cad lines (boarders etc) text (general notes etc., code notes) Client info and so on.  However, with the Phillips layout open (prior to moving Aldo plan) It was showing in PB everything, Cad details, Cameras you name it. Obviously I missed doing something during save as template cause this has never happened before X15. The Phillips plan is first project done in X15 which I brought up from X14.  My layout template had not been opened till I was in X15. Hope that makes sense. I'm hoping I don't have to re-make my layout template with all the text boxes etc. Which are done in Plan Cad details. which I think may be the problem / link. Including schedules.

4 hours ago, DougDM said:

for now I just moved it to my Archives. No longer referencing but upon opening Phillips layout it's looking for it. 

That's not what I said to do.  I said to change the file...so that you're referencing the correct plan. Select the Old Plan from the list of Referenced Files, click the Browse button, and then select your New Plan.

On 4/5/2023 at 12:09 PM, Alaskan_Son said:

That's not what I said to do.  I said to change the file...so that you're referencing the correct plan. Select the Old Plan from the list of Referenced Files, click the Browse button, and then select your New Plan.

Thanks Michael, I understood exactly what you said. I was in a hurry and the ALDO plan needed to be Archived anyway.  I didn't want it to be gone just yet per-say,  First I wanted to find what it was referencing IN the ALDO plan. Which ended up being a Cad detail. After removing it, I then went back and did as you said. All is good, Thanks again.