Masonry wrap on double sided wall

jhoney

Go to solution Solved by jhoney,

I have a double sided brick wall that I am having trouble figuring out how to get the wraps on the ends to act correctly.  The air gap is not continuing correctly around the end of the wall, so it shows incorrectly in both plan and elevation views. I've tried adjusting line layer intersections and it usually works, but not on the end of a wall.   Any asistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Justin

Porch1.JPG

Porch2.JPG

Porch3.JPG

Porch4.JPG

I don't think you're doing anything wrong, I think this is just how double-sided walls draw.

I see the same thing with a Siding-6 wall.

image.png.5049bcc1f4a2a43dd418bfaceb6b6eb8.png

If you're not concerned about framing that bit you could always make a half-version of that wall type and force it to wrap around, then just push 'em together.

image.png.693f36ccc0df0f68c8555fd5d39f4c1e.png image.png.4356b364e3fbd9f1fae6b2feadf68f22.png

Not the most elegant fix, but it works. I'd also recommend marking them as No Room Def though.

• Upvote 1

Hey @jhoney

@robdyckis correct.  In order to the the wall to connect the way you'd like, it appears as though you need to adjust your wall layers.

I would copy the wall you built then move your house wrap and air gap to the 'main layer' leaving only the brick as your exterior and interior layer.  I recommend creating a copy of your original wall because adjusting the layers may ultimately push/ pull your walls away from where you had them unless you've changed your general wall default to lock a specific surface.

image.thumb.png.c9db63f0f46b2aa9bb08bc475315b3dd.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TeaTime said:

I don't think you're doing anything wrong, I think this is just how double-sided walls draw.

I see the same thing with a Siding-6 wall.

image.png.5049bcc1f4a2a43dd418bfaceb6b6eb8.png

If you're not concerned about framing that bit you could always make a half-version of that wall type and force it to wrap around, then just push 'em together.

image.png.693f36ccc0df0f68c8555fd5d39f4c1e.png image.png.4356b364e3fbd9f1fae6b2feadf68f22.png

Not the most elegant fix, but it works. I'd also recommend marking them as No Room Def though.

Thanks.  This was a good idea and worked well.

• Solution
1 hour ago, DeLayDesign said:

Hey @jhoney

@robdyckis correct.  In order to the the wall to connect the way you'd like, it appears as though you need to adjust your wall layers.

I would copy the wall you built then move your house wrap and air gap to the 'main layer' leaving only the brick as your exterior and interior layer.  I recommend creating a copy of your original wall because adjusting the layers may ultimately push/ pull your walls away from where you had them unless you've changed your general wall default to lock a specific surface.

image.thumb.png.c9db63f0f46b2aa9bb08bc475315b3dd.png

This did the trick.  Thank you so much.