3D Floor Camera Problem

DianeP

My 3D floor camera isn't showing the walls.  I see the outside background instead.  The walls are there in perspective full overview....just the interior floor camera doesn't work properly.  I have made sure all wall options are on to be displayed in 3D views.  I have set floors back to default ceiling height, wall heights etc. as mentioned in http://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00378/.  I have checked the other steps mentioned as well.    Can anyone tell me what else I should check?  I have attached a picture of what I get using floor camera.

http://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00378/

I think you are going to have to attach the plan

for this one. The only way I can approximate

that condition is by turning off "Walls, Normal"

in Display Options. Are you sure that box is

checked in the 3D view you are using.

I just double checked by putting a floor camera into the house and then going to the Display Options button to make sure that Walls, Normal had a check mark by it.  It did.  Is this what you meant?  I have attached the plan.  I wonder if it shows the walls when you try it.  Thanks for trying to help me on this issue.  

The option to restrict/un-restrict should really be in the Camera dbx, not the Defaults; but that's the case for lots of settings. If I had the energy I'd post this in the Suggestions forum, but I get the feeling that posting there is like throwing darts in the dark.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for your help.  I am using the full view camera for now.

When I tried this I got the same results whether the box was checked or not:

Long term solution is to uncheck:

DEFAULTS>CAMERA>3D VIEWS>RESTRICT FLOOR CAMERA TO ROOM

If this box is checked, then the camera won't display anything outside of the room the camera is in.

When I tried this I got the same results whether the box was checked or not:

Long term solution is to uncheck:

DEFAULTS>CAMERA>3D VIEWS>RESTRICT FLOOR CAMERA TO ROOM

If this box is checked, then the camera won't display anything outside of the room the camera is in.

Strange. Works for me with your plan:

post-95-0-26530200-1422456155_thumb.png