locking relative heights

Scharp

2 hours ago, Scharp said:

I dont know how to do screen captures. I believe my post is very clear.  

Use either of the Window's Snipping Tools , and you can post the capture straight into the Reply area here on the Forum

1 hour ago, solver said:
8 hours ago, Scharp said:

I am perplexed why the computer changes my desired heights

Because they are all related.

Correct......

but you may need to explain a bit more precisely what you are changing and why you think they shouldn't change......as there is no way to Lock certain heights in the Room DBX due to them all being related.

M.

10 hours ago, Scharp said:

I dont know how to do screen captures. I believe my post is very clear.  

In Windows you can press the PrintScn button and it will copy the screen to the clipboard. Then open Paint or any other image program and hit Ctrl-V.

As Solver said, all those fields are related so changing one number affects the others. Rough Ceiling is the height of the ceiling from the floor to the ceiling joists. Finished Ceiling should be slightly lower (5/8" by default) because it includes the drywall. If you change the rough ceiling height, it obviously affects the height of the drywall and vice versa. Hitting the Help button within the dialog will explain it.

If you have a room above the room you are changing the height of, Chief will adjust the entire floor. For instance you can't raise the ceiling height of a living room if there are rooms above it, especially if the rooms are separated by an interior wall. 

Does that sound like your situation?

Not really. I draw the first floor. Then hit build foundation. I want my stem wall at 37 1/2 and the ceiling height to be 109 1/8”. If I change any height, the other values will automatically change, even though I dont want them to. Saying they are related is of no help. I should, in my opinion be able to control what each value states.