A-frame house interior finish of roof

GeneDavis

I'd like to be able to model this in Chief.  The "walls" that are the roof interior finish, are done with an architectural panel system hung with z-clips and snap-clips and precision set with reveals.  The material is 1/2-inch phenolic sheet with a woodgrain laminate.  

None of the vertical walls in the project are hung with the panels, only the pitched roof undersides.

Sure wish Chief would let us do material regions on roof undersides.  What would you do to get this look in 3D with Chief?

Plywood paneling with reveals.jpg

Exterior.jpg

How would I make such a material?  I would need an image, a material, a full 48 x 96 sheet of veneer, a black 3/16" strip across the top and one side, total size 48 3/16 x 96 3/16.    And tile-able, meaning the grain at the bottom of a sheet is a match to that at the top, so that a stack of sheets going up the "wall" looks like continuous grain as you go from bottom to top across sheet joints.

If I could not make it that way, and the perfectionist in me makes me want that kind of realism for this job, I'd do it as a color and not woodgrained.  But how would I make such a material, even this simpler way, so I could get true-scale tiling? 

Window over desk.jpg

2 hours ago, GeneDavis said:

How would I make such a material

Grab an Image off Google Images of Birch plywood and have a play in Microsoft Paint....... the black lines are from the Background in Paint similar to how you do grout lines in tile as CS mentioned. 

this image is made as 4 sheets across X 2 Sheets high as a test.... and set to 16'x16' in chief in the material definition.

image.thumb.png.681ed910826df76b7f9fae77ea786a36.png

Texture is too large to upload but here is the plan so you can save it out to your library if you think it'll work for you... 

Birch Panelled Ceiling.zip

Mick.