Importing layerset question

Larry_Sweeney

When you import in a layerset, aren't those layers just added to the layers that you already have. I might have done a "no no". I had a plan partially finish and I imported in a "matched set" of annosets and layersets from an earlier plan. I then was going over my plan and setting my floors up with my new annosets and layer sets. There were certain items I noticed that weren't showing up on my second floor when looking at my newly transfered annoset so I opened up the layer set and I realized some of my layers were no longer showing in the new layerset. I then went to my Default layer set and the layers showed there that I was looking for. I thought that no matter what layerset you were in, all the layers are shown and the layerset your using determines which is on and which is off. . Did I import the layerset in in such a way that they were not added to my layers that were already in the plan I was working on? If that's the case, then could I just "re-import" this particular layerset? I hope I'm making this clear enough. It's been a long day.

David......Thank you for the reply. I don't know what is going on. I was sure the layer sets I imported were suppose to be just added to the layer sets I already were using. I in the process of "no return". I'm rebuilding all my layer sets for this plan. I'll make sure to bring my layer sets and anno sets over into a new plan BEFORE I start to build my model next time. That or do a template. I suppose if I would be using the SAM method I would not be having this problem---right Scott? Have a great day.

I use a template to start every new job using a basic setup and modify from that. My template plans (plan and layout) have a basic box house with a roof. My views are already sent to the layout so It ready to go.

When I start a new plan ,I bring up a copy of that plan and layout and link them up. I then go to the plan start setting defaults for the new job i.e.. roof, stucco color, foundation etc.  I then layout the new plan shell and then adjust the views in the layout.  Because everything is already on the layout , you can forget about until your finished with the plan.  I do have to send the sections even though I already have section callouts in the plan, Chief needs to let us copy them so until they do I have several already waiting to be moved into place. You can always delete the ones you don't use, that's faster then trying to create more.

I used to have several template plans but I have found that 1 basic template plan is just easier. I'm always updating it as I go along..

........  I do have to send the sections even though I already have section callouts in the plan,........

Not sure why you can't have your sections already in layout.  I have sections in the layout,  I never send sections to layout,  they are already there.  The only thing I send to layout are the cabinet elevations......  

I know I can have them already there, just too much clutter for me to have them already on the plan and sometimes I use 1, and sometimes 15. Just a little cleaner for me. I do have them ready to go when needed off to the side.