Angled Roof Plane problem

BenjaminZ

I have been tasked with recreating a townhome plan and I have run into an issue with the rear gabled roof plane.  Where the planes taper down into the main roof I am having a problem manually breaking the plane and having it change angle and direction (where the off angle bend occurs).  It's almost like I need an extra wall section to create a seperate roof plane and am at a loss as to how to proceed.  Has anyone had experience working with a roof such as this and has time to lend some knowledge?   Thank you in advance for your time.   

I attempted to back up the entire plan with attachments and it was 17MB so I can only attach the plan by itself as well as the few PDF's I have from the original plans showing the roof planes and front elevation.  

Thank you,

Ben

LEAH LANE FINAL ROOF PLAN 6.17.22.pdf Townhome.zip LEAH LANE FINAL FLOOR PLAN 6.17.22.pdf LEAH LANE FINAL ELEVATION 6.17.22.pdf

• BenjaminZ changed the title to Angled Roof Plane problem

I suspect the pitches shown are incorrect. At the front gable the roof plane intersection is shown at approximately 53-degrees, which is about right for the intersection of an 8:12 with a 6:12, not an 8:12 with a 4:12 (63-degrees). I'm not a roof expert, but the rear gable is impossible - the intersection of two equally-pitched planes cannot suddenly change by 15-degrees at the ridge - there must be some other lines of intersection, other planes, or something else going on.

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to thank everyone for your help and suggestions and update on the final solution.  I was finally able to track down the person who did the original plans and, as a few of you have pointed out, it is impossible because he intended the angled part to be stick framed in the field to basically join 2 gable truss ends together.  A fine gentleman named Stephen at Chief introduced me to the rotate roof plane around 'z' ability and we were able to come up with a good workable solution.   Thank you again for everyones assistance.  When I was able to get in touch with the original creator of the plans he was able to provide a link so we could view more than just the front elevations and I have included it for those that were interested if there were other views.

https://softplan.com/web3d/display_model.php?id=4051&c=940e8ff49ec3738990b1012af6938984