Are Ceiling Planes Intended to Cut Interior Wall Height...

HumbleChief

1 hour ago, joey_martin said:

added the ceiling plane.

Just confirming that you did this step that @joey_martin states above.  Simply deselecting the flat ceiling above option does not replace the ceiling plane, you have to manually place any other ceiling planes.  Otherwise you will just get the bottom of your roof structure.

As can be seen in the attached pic there are trusses which requires a manually placed ceiling plane, and the video shows that the wall builds correctly up to the ceiling plane in certain areas, and there's an attached plan showing the condition. If I missed a step I would love to know what that might be.

Curious, did you get a chance to try it? I sent it in to tech but as always it's nice to know if it's a common problem for other users.

Larry,

I think part of the problem is that you only have one truss drawn.

Try copying the truss over the whole room.

I think Chief is building the wall up to the roof where there are no trusses.

Don't forget that Chief will build a framed roof where there are no trusses.

Screen Shot 2022-05-20 at 10.34.41 am.jpg

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, glennw said:

Larry,

I think part of the problem is that you only have one truss drawn.

Try copying the truss over the whole room.

I think Chief is building the wall up to the roof where there are no trusses.

Don't forget that Chief will build a framed roof where there are no trusses.

Screen Shot 2022-05-20 at 10.34.41 am.jpg

Thank you Glenn. Yeah I see what you're saying and I think you are correct. Doesn't quite explain why the wall would build to different parts of the ceiling as it is moved through the room. along that single truss, correctly in the middle and incorrectly at the exterior walls with the single truss but maybe it just messes with Chief's brain a little. The complete set of trusses does seem to eliminate the problem. I'm still having a small issue with the original plan as it will not draw the cross section lines above the top plate but it's probably a layer issue. Thanks again.

EDIT: The  setting on the wall is Stop At Ceiling Above, not Stop At Ceiling Above If There's Enough Trusses to Do So. So if the setting is correct it should simply stop at the ceiling above but that doesn't work across the entire floor space unless there are trusses?

From tech support;

"I took a look at your video and was able to recreate the issue in a new plan. I did some digging and didn't find any reason for why this is happening, so I reported it to our development team.

Unfortunately I don't have a solution for this at the moment, but I'll let you know what I learn from them. At the moment, your best option would likely be to adjust the wall framing manually if the wall framing juts up as it does in your video."

I passed on Glenn's suggestion but again the wall setting is Stop At Ceiling Above not Stop At Ceiling Above If There's Enough Trusses to Do So. Thanks for the help and input.

• Like 1