x13 latest update can not render even standard library materials

ChiefKB

I'm having serious trouble with this latest version.   Some materials render OK, many do not.   It shows the image of the material, but the rendered pot, or cube, etc, are really strange looking.   It's not rendering in my drawings either, but this is clearly not a problem with a particular plan.   The graphics card is supposedly supported, and I can display things fine in the Home Designer Pro version, so I don't think it's a problem with my machine.    Maybe some strange setting in version 13?    Is there a workaround, or is this a bug in the software?

Here's an example.  Some material render OK, many do not.

Any ideas??

thanks

K

CAScrewup.jpg

Your video card looks like it should be supported but your driver is from 2018.  You might want to check to see if there is an updated version.

If you continue to have problems, you might want to check out this tech article:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00106/troubleshooting-3d-camera-view-display-problems-in-chief-architect.html

And if all else fails, you should contact technical support for more help:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/

• Like 1

I should add that the driver of my graphics card is the latest available.  Also this problem only appears for me in Chief Architect version 13.  I didn't have this problem in prior versions of CA nor in Home Designer Pro 21.

Has anybody else seen anything like this?  I tried searching the forum, but didn't find anything.

thanks,

K

X13 has a brand new rendering engine written from scratch so it has different system requirements.

There have been lots of reports of problems with creating camera views but most of them are solved by updating video drivers.

You should either read the tech article or contact support.

• Upvote 1

it appears I can't install a more recent driver.   The driver is a special HP customized version, so the AMD driver installer says: 

"Error 182 – AMD Software Installer Detected AMD Graphics Hardware in Your System Configuration That Is Not Supported"

Very disappointing to pay so much for CA and be unable to even use it. :-(

12 hours ago, ChiefKB said:

it appears I can't install a more recent driver.   The driver is a special HP customized version, so the AMD driver installer says: 

"Error 182 – AMD Software Installer Detected AMD Graphics Hardware in Your System Configuration That Is Not Supported"

Hold on... You're holding CA responsible for your crashes?  Not the outdated video card that the manufacturer won't even support from 4yrs ago?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, 65Shelby said:

Interesting.  The latest version on that site wouldn't install (error shown below), and I couldn't find any trustworthy sources for the OpenGL libraries in the error message.   However, I was able to install the 2nd from the oldest driver from the site you listed, and now materials are displaying correctly in CA!

I still can't install the latest driver due to the same "Error 182" from before (ie, it's an HP specific driver), but that's OK.   I only bought this machine so I could do graphics work, so it's super disappointing that HP couldn't be bothered to update its drivers at all and then prevents reasonable attempts to update from AMD or Intel directly outside their deficient process.

Oddly, when I look at the video card status inside CA, it still shows exactly the same version info as before.  But at least it is working.  A bit slowly, but it is working!

Thanks everyone for your help.   

K

radeonerror.jpg

Nice... glad the link "kinda" helped...  From what I am gathering... possibly, is that Intel bought the specific card or chipset or whatever and thats why its an Intel thing and not AMD anymore, which also would make sense why the AMD tool wouldnt work...  it's no longer their product.
But you did exactly what I would have suggested next, had that link not worked... keep stepping back on versions until one does work.
Now with that said, lets talk about getting you a new system or at least a new video card.  :)
JSnell

I only bought this laptop 3 years ago, which to me is pretty recent since I'm not a gamer.  Had HP supported the drivers better, it wouldn't have been an issue.   Don't think I'll be buying another HP anytime soon though.  This lack of support is appalling.  At least it's working well enough for now, for which I'm grateful.

thanks

K

I used Dell's for years.  This is my first HP laptop.  And I suspect my last.   I only got it because Dell didn't have exactly what I wanted at the time, and was more expensive.  Lesson learned.

I'm happy to say CA is working fine with the not-quite-as-ancient driver.   Though I could use a better graphics card for sure, this will do OK for now.

• Like 1

On 3/24/2022 at 6:54 PM, ChiefKB said:

HD Pro is based on X12 , you are not the only one with outdated hardware with issues because of the New Astral 3D Engine, ( Direct X12 based )
and CA has been willing to downgrade people to X12 or Pro 2021, ( OpenGL based) so there machines can handle it , someone with Pro 2022 did

exactly that last week who was having similar weirdness ....

M.