Roll Back To Prior X6 Version

architect

After much delay I updated my x6 to version to 16.1.1.20 x64.(from last prior update)

I opened a large important project and see some unexpected ceiling plane dotted lines that I can not select (the layer is empty) and a roof overhang that has moved/extended and that I can not select...

I had no problems before the update. The file is 91 MB so is hard to post

I do not have the time/patience to trouble shoot these items or find other things that may have gone wrong with the plan at this stage.

Is there a way to roll back to the prior version ? 

Thank You

Eric

I am going to assume that you updated your X6 to version 16.4 from 16.3.

Yes, it is possible to uninstall an update and you will need to do that through Windows.  You should not need to, though.  The 16.4 update includes all of the latest program bug fixes and should work better in all cases then any of the prior X6 versions.  I suspect that there is something else going on and I would encourage you to contact tech support for further assistance rather then uninstall the update.

the latest update is 16.4.1.20 I think  (not 16.1.1.20)

here:http://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/updates/updateprogram.html?program_name=Chief%20Architect%20X6%20Premier%20Windows%2064-bit&update_name=Chief_Architect_Premier-16.4.1.20-Win64.msi&update_version=16.4.1.20

After much delay I updated my x6 to version to 16.1.1.20 x64.(from last prior update)

I opened a large important project and see some unexpected ceiling plane dotted lines that I can not select (the layer is empty) and a roof overhang that has moved/extended and that I can not select...

I had no problems before the update. The file is 91 MB so is hard to post

I do not have the time/patience to trouble shoot these items or find other things that may have gone wrong with the plan at this stage.

Is there a way to roll back to the prior version ? 

Thank You

Eric

16.4.1.20 will also show ceiling break lines sparodically for items that you have blocked together- all to do with your layers that make a layerset not being clean and being imported from a prior version to x6 eg x5,x4,x3,x2

best bet is to go thru your layer items and "clean" it up - may fix the issue. eg delete unused layers. make sure you havnt imported an old old layerset if you have then 

try and remember which layers you have deleted / changed some layer items to only affect few layersets but not all of them then these will be the culprits ...the internal database table that links all the layers/layersets is slightly a.w.o.l. and 16.4.1.20 reads it differently to prior versions.

go thru and rename each suspect problem layer with the tick box "all layers" selected. should fix it. well it did for me.