How do I turn off save / cancel when deleting an object symbol?

bdillard

Go to solution Solved by rgardner,

I'm not sure why it does it on mine but when I am working in a room (not editing an object) I have a chair or an cabinet or whatever - when I select it and press delete it tries to shutdown CA.   While it does ask me if I want to save I often click cancel thinking I'm going to cancel the closeout process and lose all my work.   I'd really really really like to stop doing that and I don't think I'll learn not to do it so I'd better shut off that feature.

I notice it doesn't do it every single time but probably about 85% so it might be a combination of what I'm doing or what I have open.  But it always does delete the object in the drawing if I let it when I press del or right click on the object and select delete.

2 hours ago, rgardner said:

Sounds like you should look at your hotkey assignments and figure out which one you are pushing that is wanting to close chief.

I don’t think it has anything to do with hotkeys.  The OP stated that it also happens when they right click and select Delete.

2 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

I don’t think it has anything to do with hotkeys.  The OP stated that it also happens when they right click and select Delete.

I still think it could have been a hotkey issue (marked as solution so I think it was.)  My best guess is the delete key got mapped as quit...

6 minutes ago, rgardner said:

My best guess is the delete key got mapped as quit...

Could you expand on that a bit more Ryan.   I could not find anything of the sort in Chief.   The only thing that comes close is a Windows command " ALT + F4 "

It may well have been a hot key issue because the OP has since posted about it elsewhere but even that is not making sense.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chopsaw said:

Could you expand on that a bit more Ryan.   I could not find anything of the sort in Chief.   The only thing that comes close is a Windows command " ALT + F4 "

It may well have been a hot key issue because the OP has since posted about it elsewhere but even that is not making sense.

For example on OSX ⌘Q will quit chief.  He may have had a system hotkey change.

• Like 1

99.99% of the time when someone posts about this particular problem it is because they are using a pirated version of the software.

If you are using a legally purchased version of the software, then you should contact our technical support team for additional help.  If you are not, then you should either purchase the software or stop using it. 

Please be aware that using pirated software is illegal and companies or individuals that are using unlicensed copies of copyrighted software are subject to legal actions.  If you work for or know of a company that is using pirated software, then I would encourage you to report them to the Business Software Alliance (BSA) using their online form or by calling their toll-free number.  In some cases, you may even receive a cash reward for making your report.

https://reporting.bsa.org/r/report/add.aspx?src=us&ln=en-us

• Upvote 1