Clipped Countertop Overhang

SMB2021

Go to solution Solved by Alaskan_Son,

In X13 it now automatically clips cabinet countertop overhangs when they butt against an appliance. Is there a workaround for this feature? While it's fine for against ranges or regular refrigerators, it also happens for under the counter refrigerators too. Even if the height is 34" or less it still clips it.

• Solution

Open Symbol>Options>Options>Type>change this to something else like maybe Refrigerators (built-in).  I do however agree that this shouldn't happen when an appliance doesn't actually come in contact with the countertop.  Make sure to send this in to tech support if you care enough to see it fixed/changed.

I agree with Michael that if the appliance is lower than the counter top that it probably should not affect the counter top overhang.  It is almost always best to report these kinds of problems directly to our technical support team so that it gets on the todo list.

In this case, I think the easiest way to solve your problem is to just convert that counter top into a custom one and then drag it over the refer and up to the wall. This assumes that you want it under the counter top.  If not, you can still just create a custom counter top and avoid the automatic behavior.

Anytime the automatic counter tops aren't giving you what you need, you can usually just use a custom counter top instead.

custom counter over appliance.png

• Upvote 1