Krazy KAD ops

GeneDavis

I am struggling with some imprecise, or rather precise-but-not-imperial, CAD and dimensions.

I draw a square in CAD and specify the sides as 9' 6.6006239531".  The number comes from me trying to define the foundation for an octagonal porch whose long dimesion is exactly 16'-7 15/16".

But that is a digression.  Here is the issue.  When I throw dimensions on that nine-foot-six-somenting square, the left to right number comes out as 9'-6 9/16" and the vertical one as 9'-6 5/8".  Now we all have calculators and know that 9/16 is 0.5625 and 5/8 is 0.625, which means Chief rounded DOWN to get the horizontal dim, and UP to get the vertical, but why the inconsistency?

It's the result of Chief's Grid Rounding behavior.  I don't have the time or inclination to explain it at the moment, but it's working as designed.  The unexpected dimension being displayed is simply the result of where that dimension segment happens to land on the rounding grid.  Either change to Distance Rounding in your Dimension Defaults or change the rounding accuracy for that dimension.