Crash on printing to PDF


Recommended Posts

Hi All, 

 

We are experience a fairly frustrating situation, and after exhausting the avenues I know of, I'm coming here for help. 

 

- We have a 34 page layout file, consisting of floor plans, elevations, 3D perspectives, and schedules. 

- All elevation and 3D cameras are set to update on demand

- File has printed perfectly fine in the past, up until adding in the schedules. 

 

When we go to print, the print dialogue box opens. Upon trying to load all of the pages for preview, it gets to page 30 and crashes. We can't stop the "automatic preview" button because if we hit cancel, it also crashes. We can't choose any other printer option because again, it can't get past the loading of all of the pages. 

 

I've purged the files, did a windows update, and tried printing on the other computers in our office. We're running robust new systems with 3090 cards, drivers up to date. 

 

Any insights here that could be helpful? We have a looming deadline and I'd really like to be able to get this thing off the printer! 

 

It won't let me attach the layout file here, says the size is too large.

 

Also, we are running x13

 

Thanks in advance. 

Edited by AmandaBrady
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, AmandaBrady said:

We can't stop the "automatic preview" button because if we hit cancel, it also crashes.

One thing to try is to turn the automatic preview off by default.  Open another file and unselect it and save.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Amanda,

 

Open Preferences and on the Render Panel check the option under Troubleshooting called Manage GPU Residency.   This should hopefully allow you to print the entire layout. If not please contact Technical Support with the plan and layout file and we can look into it further.

 

Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, BrianBeck said:

Amanda,

 

Open Preferences and on the Render Panel check the option under Troubleshooting called Manage GPU Residency.   This should hopefully allow you to print the entire layout. If not please contact Technical Support with the plan and layout file and we can look into it further.

 

Thanks

 

Thanks Brian, we will try that and see if we can get that to work. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, rgardner said:

One thing to try is to turn the automatic preview off by default.  Open another file and unselect it and save.

Thanks for that tip - we were able to at least get it to export to a pdf in half the pages at a time. So an improvement for sure.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
  • Member Statistics

    29829
    Total Members
    9156
    Most Online
    MeganB
    Newest Member
    MeganB
    Joined