Cabinet-embebed fixtures in schedules

ChiefRoland

Go to solution Solved by Kbird1,

Hello,

The Object Information (e.g., code, manufacturer, description, etc.) for cabinet-embedded fixtures do not display in the Fixture Schedule, even though the fixture itself is listed in the schedule.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong and/or how I can get this info to display?

As always, thank you for your kind responses.

Roland

Thanks Mick,

Kind of funky :-( Because it's an object made to be embedded (a double wall oven), it doesn't render correctly if I slide it into the cabinet opening.  Is displays at that back of the opening.  So in order to make it display correctly, I have to place it in front of the cabinet, which then it looks off in the plan.

I think I'm going to convert the schedule to text, edit it in Word to add the missing info (since I don't see a way to edit in tabular format in Chief) and then paste-special back into the CAD detail.  I already tried this, the only thing is that I would have to do this every time I change one of my fixtures.

Anyway, thank you for your suggestion.  It almost worked ;-)

Roland

• Solution
14 minutes ago, ChiefRoland said:

Thanks Mick,

Kind of funky :-( Because it's an object made to be embedded (a double wall oven), it doesn't render correctly if I slide it into the cabinet opening.  Is displays at that back of the opening.  So in order to make it display correctly, I have to place it in front of the cabinet, which then it looks off in the plan.

I think I'm going to convert the schedule to text, edit it in Word to add the missing info (since I don't see a way to edit in tabular format in Chief) and then paste-special back into the CAD detail.  I already tried this, the only thing is that I would have to do this every time I change one of my fixtures.

Anyway, thank you for your suggestion.  It almost worked ;-)

Roland

Sorry, I forgot to mention in some cases you have to open the symbol ( not object ) and set the X,Y and/or Z to 0"  depending on the object, once dropped on the Floor, other you may not see it in 3D, I was thinking sink but for a wall oven the y maybe 22" or something so it "inserts into the cabinet at the right depth.

And for good measure while the symbol is open , re-generate the CAD Block too.....

Now save it to your Library , so you don't need to do that all again next week :) 

M.

1 hour ago, ChiefRoland said:

Hello,

The Object Information (e.g., code, manufacturer, description, etc.) for cabinet-embedded fixtures do not display in the Fixture Schedule, even though the fixture itself is listed in the schedule.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong and/or how I can get this info to display?

As always, thank you for your kind responses.

Roland

FYI it does in X-13, upgrade!

21 minutes ago, scottharris said:

Here's an image of what I think you are asking for.  Schedules can include multiple categories, e.g., cabinets and fixtures in a single schedule 

oven.png

You tagged me Scott but I think you meant to quote the OP. X-12 you could include a fixture in a schedule yes.
What the OP is referring to is that in X-12, when a sink is inserted into cabinet, we lose the Object Information Panel in the symbols dbx. In X-13 you can access the symbols Object Info after it is inserted into cabinet. Bravo