Layout Section References

4hotshoez

This is not a big deal at this point, but... I noticed that the Cross Sections I placed on the second sheet of my layout are not referencing back to the floor plan call out, yet the cross sections placed on the first sheet of my layout show "P-1" on the call out. Anyone have this experience and know if there is a setting I am missing?

This is not a big deal at this point, but... I noticed that the Cross Sections I placed on the second sheet of my layout are not referencing back to the floor plan call out, yet the cross sections placed on the first sheet of my layout show "P-1" on the call out. Anyone have this experience and know if there is a setting I am missing?

You are not being very clear.  But if I was to guess,  you have put the SAME SECTION on two different sheets in layout and the section bubble is confused as to what sheet the section is on in layout.....  and why wouldn't it be confused,  it is on two different sheets in layout.

Sorry about not being clear. I have 2 layout sheets with 4 sections on the first sheet and 3 (different) sections on the second sheet. I noticed that the call outs that do not have a sheet reference are the ones located on the second sheet. In the dbx the "text below line" is set to automatic for all sections on the plan.

Close plan and reopen to see if you get the layout page numbers as expected.  I assume the section are not on sheet zero but are on sheets 1 & 2

Hmm.. It has been opened and closed several times, so maybe something more complicated is going on. 

Curious, has the callout you are concerned about actually been sent to a layout sheet yet, or is it merely a plan view of the callout?  Even if a callout is showing up in Layout in plan view, that does not mean that it has been sent to Layout yet.  Try opening the camera view and sending it to Layout again and see what happens.

It is a bit difficult to picture just what it is that is causing the issue without seeing it since these types of camera issues can get rather involved.

And while you are at it,  select your PAGE NUMBER on the layout page on sheet ZERO,  open dvx,  and right now it shows "%page.print%",  put a "P-" in front so it reads "P-%page.print%" if you want the letter "P" in front of the  page number.

• Upvote 1

You probably manually inserted an extra page, if you do this you have to update the layout page info.

No,  this was not the issue,  and based on Todd's response in POST 12,  I do not think he understands what he did wrong or how it works.  Heck fire,  I barely understand how this works.

Why you knucklehead.......  go to sheet two of layout..... open LAYOUT PAGE INFORMATION and put  "P-#" in the LABEL box....  and all will be well.I 

Well I feel like a knucklehead too, I could not for the life of me figure out why the page numbers where not showing up.  If you have a template and it had all the info on it the page numbers should show up atuomatically.  For the life of me, it just bugged me until once again members like D. Scott Hall  ;-) answered the question I needed to know.  

This is my first real try at completing a set of construction documents with CA and getting used to the layouts now is my next big hurdle.

Thanks guys.