Resizing Pdf's, How Many Ways

dshall

There are different ways to resize a PDF

1.   Move a side...  the image size stays the same,  and you can essentially crop this image

2.   Move a corner.... the image proportions will change accordingly

3.   Move a corner IN CONCENTRIC MODE,  and the image will resize proportionaly

.....  but what I want to do is grab a corner and keep the image the same size,  but the box itself will resize.  This is similar to number 1.,  but I want to move all 4 corners at one time.  Is this possible?

For you guys getting multiple pdf's for your title-24,  you probably know why I want to know.

I don't see a way to do it in one step. Looks like 4 steps.

1. snap a polyline rectangle to the layout border

2. concentrically resize the polyline

3. grab one side (still in concentric move mode) and snap to the resized polyline guide

4. repeat

the do that again for the next 11 pages

Feel your pain and the new landscape layout makes it even worse. Even with the blank spaces eliminated still can't fit more pages no a Layout can you? I often take the default 8.5 x 11 inch size and change it to 8 x (aspect ratio maintained) in the properties dbx. Makes them a little easier to fit.

I convert the pdf (each page) to an image in AA & then crop the image in Photoshop.

AA has a cropping feature, but it doesn't actually "crop" the page when importing to Chief.

Jim,  I am getting so lazy,  I do not want to go to all that much trouble.  If CA does not make it easier for me to crop these pdf's,  I think I am going to start sending them to headquarters and let them do the cropping for me.

You can 'snip' them (in Windows it's the snipping tool) in your PDF viewer and get them cropped tight to the edges, then import into Chief - works pretty well. Might even start doing that myself as the png's behave so much better than the PDF's.

Still can get only 3 landscape images across on a Layout page so don't really see the point.