Terrain Hole Under Bumpout Wall

SteveMoeDesign

I've run into this problem before and never found the solution. I have an architectural detail that is a bumped out wall which has a raised floor sort of like a window seat.  I built it as a room with a raised floor and do not have a foundation under it. . The siding below the bump out is not showing and also there is a hole in the terrain as if there was to be a foundation - see the attached image.  I don't see anything in the Room dbx that would suggest a way to solve this and I'm not certain why the siding isn't showing. I just did a quick test on a basic room and had the same terrain problem but not the siding issue.  Any help would be greatly appreciated :-)

post-196-0-46147300-1416376152_thumb.jpg

Bend ACTIVE Plan 11-14.zip

There are at least two basic ways to handel unwanted holes in terrain:

1. Turn off the setting in Terrain Specification dialog "Hide Terrain Intersected by Building" or

2. Using  a slab, poly-line solid, soffit or other object type to plug the hole setting its material to "Grass" or indicated material

DJP

You can turn off the automatic hole as shown above.  Sometimes this will result in seeing the terrain in places you don't want to see it, like in a basement or any other living area that is below the terrain level.  For these cases, you can manually create your own hole in terrain to cut out the terrain under the building where you need it.  The easiest way to do this is to select the "exterior room" and use the make room polyline tool.  Then convert it into a terrain hole.

• Upvote 1