GintOtis

raising floor height of one room

I'm wondering if there is a method to isolate a room and have just that room's floor height be higher than the surrounding floor.

In my case, to have a step-up from the garage level, I've attempted to add 4" to that Entry Room's absolute floor elevation with no results.

Hopefully, there's a checkbox that I'm overlooking... Thanks for any clues as to how to do this!

(I have added a 4" slab via room polyline, but that does not raise doors and the bottom of stairs ...so that's not an option)

4_inch_riser_at_entry.JPG

Check the "Room Types".  Typically, you would have the basic floor level at 0" and the Garage Room Type would be at -4".  If your "Entry" is a "Garage Room Type" then it would be recessed to -4".  Otherwise, it should be at 0".

• Upvote 1

open room dbx and raise floor, it will have a adverse affect if roofs or floors above.

Joseph, I've already used "Entry" as the room type in an attempt to differentiate it from the garage.

Shane, i believe that's what i've attempted to do (with no resulting change to floor height or roofs/floors above).

10 minutes ago, GintOtis said:

(I have added a 4" slab via room polyline, but that does not raise doors and the bottom of stairs ...so that's not an option)

Adding a slab is not the correct solution here, but you do have control over where a door is located in a wall, and where the bottom of stairs starts.

If you will attach your plan file, someone will look and see what's happening and report back.

Do as Eric asks and it will be fixed or at least an answer without the guessing.

i think i did that, no?

(btw, in my floor elevations, I'd want to raise the entry floor 4", as opposed to lowering the garage slab 4"... so as to make those risers a little less tall)

Unsure about how your foundation is supposed to look, but I deleted it, set the Entry floor to 4" and rebuilt the foundation.

ct1.thumb.png.4b25f66619f300155f43656989c218fd.png

Thanks, Eric. I did what you did, made the stem wall for that room 4" taller, and that's what i needed!

...now is there a way to keep the 4" garage slab but slope it, say at 1/8", toward the door?

6 minutes ago, GintOtis said:

4" garage slab but slope it, say at 1/8", toward the door?

No, but you could make the Garage Floor even lower and add a "Ramp" on top of it.

• Upvote 1

You could also draw a polyline solid in section view sloped the way you want it. Have to adjust its position in plan view.

20 minutes ago, GintOtis said:

...now is there a way to keep the 4" garage slab but slope it, say at 1/8", toward the door?

If you really need to model it, then you'll need to do as Mike or Joe suggest above.  I just put a note with an arrow (Like a roof slope arrow) calling out the slope and direction.

understood.  ...not gonna model it if there's not a easy, 'garage slab slope', checkbox somewhere.  thanx.

25 minutes ago, GintOtis said:

not gonna model it if there's not a easy, 'garage slab slope', checkbox somewhere

I believe this is been requested since way back; but not yet.