JamesHennessy

Stair Problems.

Does anybody know if there is a way to create a staircase that is enclosed by walls and open underneath. I am using Chief architect X10 The staircase goes over a garage, so I don't want to have to put a wall all the way down and block cars. 

Screen Shot 2020-11-13 at 11.03.05 AM.png

Draw wall, take elevation, select wall and reshape.

There have been a lot of these same questions for the stairs and there are multiple ways.  One being what Erik mentioned but some other ways as well.  Do a search as I believe there was a good video dome on one of them by @Alaskan_Son on one of them.

23 hours ago, solver said:

Draw wall, take elevation, select wall and reshape.

this does work well and there are several old threads on it,

but for a quick fix a 4 1/2" thick Polyline Solid, also drawing in Elevation and set to Drywall material works well too,

without the associated issues of working with  Chief's Walls.

M.

2 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

but for a quick fix a 4 1/2" thick Polyline Solid, also drawing in Elevation and set to Drywall material works well too,

without the associated issues of working with  Chief's Walls. 

Just be careful going down this road, because there are a number of notable issues that arise when you do it WITHOUT a wall too.

On 11/13/2020 at 9:10 AM, rgardner said:

Do a search as I believe there was a good video dome on one of them by @Alaskan_Son on one of them.

Here's one of them...

• Upvote 3

Michael, Wow nice workflow.  Well done.

19 minutes ago, Doug_N said:

Michael, Wow nice workflow.  Well done.

Thanks Doug.  It's not the greatest.  It wasn't edited, included some unnecessary steps for that particular scenario, and I skipped over perfecting some things I otherwise would have taken a moment to deal with, but I think it gets the general idea across. 

@sfo1ckh

You need to be asking on HomeTalk -- see the link in your other thread. People here are not familar with the Home Designer products.

And there are 3 versions of Home Designer, and it's important to say which you are using.