Exterior Horizontal Band

4hotshoez

Place a polyline around the house in plan view and convert it to molding (not 3D molding). Assign the molding profile and set the height. You can also (or) click real close to the exterior of the house to get an exterior molding polyline that you will see in the edit toolbar. 

Make sure you wait to create it until after you have placed and moved all the doors and windows. That way Chief will make all the proper cuts for you. Other wise the molding will cover the doors and windows.

In the attached pic, I added a trim band to the bottom of the house, and notice Chief cut the garage doors for me.

post-70-0-36585000-1415976673_thumb.jpg

Like Tommy said. The only thing I have to add is that to create a molding polyline quickly, select the exterior room and Make Room Molding Polyline.

I did say that but in other words at the end of my post. It will be found on the edit toolbar at the bottom of the screen.

Make sure you wait to create it until after you have placed and moved all the doors and windows. That way Chief will make all the proper cuts for you. Other wise the molding will cover the doors and windows.

In the attached pic, I added a trim band to the bottom of the house, and notice Chief cut the garage doors for me.

That method dod not work for me. I had to make separate segments between the doors. Then offset it the thickness of the trim so it would not be flush with the wall surface.

Sorry for getting back late, but you need to uncheck the "Extrude inside.." as mentioned above, and if set the height properly from the get go. If it doesn't work then you need to return your copy of Chief as it it badly broken. This feature has been available for a few versions now and works every time when executed properly.

The exterior molding polyline was actually broken, or had a bug when X6 first came out. There is a thread by me about this earlier. It has now been fixed and was is posted on one of the update notes. The problem was that when you placed an exterior molding polyline, it was placing way too many breaks everywhere. Yes it was workable but a hassle. Glad they fixed it.