nematode

Is it possible to map/differentiate various electrical circuits?

Hi. Is it possible to differentiate between various electrical circuits (different colors for example) and how the wire for each circuit is strung? I'd like to create a wiring diagram showing, for example, that Circuit 1 enters the room at Plug A, then travels to Plug B, then branches off to Plug C and to Fixture A, etc. This would be particularly useful if each circuit can be drawn in a different color. This would be with X12.
Thanks.

3 minutes ago, nematode said:

Hi. Is it possible to differentiate between various electrical circuits (different colors for example) and how the wire for each circuit is strung? I'd like to create a wiring diagram showing, for example, that Circuit 1 enters the room at Plug A, then travels to Plug B, then branches off to Plug C and to Fixture A, etc. This would be particularly useful if each circuit can be drawn in a different color. This would be with X12.
Thanks.

This has been covered quite extensively several times in here.  It is possible to do but takes some work.  Try searching the forum for it.

Hi Ryan, thanks for the prompt reply. Prior to posting I ran various searches (on this site and via Google) but nothing on my particular topic came up. Do you happen to recall who posted, or when, or any particular words used in the thread title?
Thanks.

Have you tried just putting them on different layers and make the layers different colors?

circuits.png

I cant recall discussions on the subject but here is a video that Rene did on schedules that may be helpful.

3 hours ago, nematode said:

Hi Ryan, thanks for the prompt reply. Prior to posting I ran various searches (on this site and via Google) but nothing on my particular topic came up. Do you happen to recall who posted, or when, or any particular words used in the thread title?
Thanks.

Sorry just happen to see this.  If you are asking someone a question directly either tag them @nematode or quote them as I am doing here.

I did just a quick search and I believe this particular thread might get you started in the right direction.

Thanks to @dermot, @chopsaw and @rgardner -- this is a great place to start. If I find any other info that would be useful I'll add to this thread.