flooring

decorators3

Hi

I have a room 40' long by 25' wide.  How do I change the flooring direction.  When I insert my hardwood flooring it shows automatically as horizontal.( which is fine in most cases). but i want the planks to take on the length of the floor not the width

Thanks in advance

• 5 months later...

Video was very helpful.  As DavidJPotter pointed out, this changes the default material so every room in the plan with this material rotates.  I made a copy of the original material, named it" xxxx, Rotated', and saved it to my user library.  This way I can change the floor material orientation room by room.  Not too difficult, but a "rotate" dialog in the material selection box would be handy.

Thank you!

Just as a side note to some designers who may not know this but with solid hardwood flooring or even engineered strip flooring IRL you run the strips perpendicular to the joists or at a 45 degree angle never parallel, so focusing a customer on the direction of the wood you will want to make sure that it is going the right direction in regards to the joists.  Of course not necessary if it will be a glue down over concrete, only with a suspended joist and subfloor style system.

• Upvote 1

You can change/rotate the direction of a flooring overlay in each room if it is in the "Floor Finish" DBX.

You can not change/rotate the direction of a flooring in each room if the flooring is part of the subfloor in the "Floor Structure" DBX.

I submitted a report to Tech Support back in November and they say it is a program problem, not sure when they may! fix it.

Workaround, spray the rotated floor texture over the subfloor surface, it adds a "0" thickness layer of the rotated texture in the floor structure.

• Downvote 1