CA Interiors vs CA Premier

RaquelPorlamar

Hi Everyone,

So I have been using CA Interiors 9X since it came out, and have not renewed the SSA since it expired. I am contemplating upgrade and thinking maybe I would upgrade to Premier rather than CA interiors , so , my question is, In terms of interior design focus.... would premier have an advantage over Ca Interiors, or even home interiors? Anyone used them all and can tell me the advantages of having one over the other ? I don't really want to pay all the extra for premier if interiors has most of capabilities plus better interior elements????

Thank you 

Click here to compare Premier against Interiors please. There is NO comparison between Chief Interiors and Home Designer Interiors, in fact Home Designer no longer offers HD Interiors, it has been dropped from the Home Designer line up, forget about it!.

In my opinion Chief Interiors is specifically for Interior designers who do not commonly model an entire home and landscaping or create fully detailed construction documents, where as Premier covers all the bases.

DJP

1 hour ago, RaquelPorlamar said:

Hi Everyone,

So I have been using CA Interiors 9X since it came out, and have not renewed the SSA since it expired. I am contemplating upgrade and thinking maybe I would upgrade to Premier rather than CA interiors , so , my question is, In terms of interior design focus.... would premier have an advantage over Ca Interiors, or even home interiors? Anyone used them all and can tell me the advantages of having one over the other ? I don't really want to pay all the extra for premier if interiors has most of capabilities plus better interior elements????

Thank you 

5 minutes ago, DavidJPotter said:

Click here to compare Premier against Interiors please. There is NO comparison between Chief Interiors and Home Designer Interiors, in fact Home Designer no longer offers HD Interiors, it has been dropped from the Home Designer line up, forget about it!.

In my opinion Chief Interiors is specifically for Interior designers who do not commonly model an entire home and landscaping or create fully detailed construction documents, where as Premier covers all the bases.

DJP

David summed it up well.  Just to add one point in your question is that premiere has every aspect interiors has plus so in no way would interiors be better for your focus.  It is a lighter version of premier.  So you would need to look at what your workflow entails.

With the current Sale and what looks like only a $400 difference between an upgrade to x12 Premier or a New X12 Premier License , you could consider buying Premier as a new license and then Sell Interiors ... not sure what Interiors X9 maybe worth though....$500-750?  or keep it for an Assistant to use/learn with? 

There are some post in the Offers forum,  though this is X9 Premier I think....

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/22400-x9-license-for-sale-price-drop/?do=findComment&comment=214221

M.

15 hours ago, RaquelPorlamar said:

don't really want to pay all the extra for premier if interiors has most of capabilities plus better interior elements????

Interiors doesn't actually have any better anything.  It's simply a dialed back version of Premier.  Premier has everything Interiors has plus some.  Check out that thread Mick already referenced above...

14 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

• Like 1