Cheek Walls and Getting Drywall to wrap

StockmanBuilders

Greetings,

I have finally muddled through how to (roughly) create manual dormers and cheek walls. My last issue now seems to be getting the drywall to wrap around that cheek wall. I've tried messing with "editing wall layer extents" like I saw in another post, to no effect. I feel like it must be a simple fix or a simple thing I'm missing! 

Thank you in advance for any help! 

Jess

Bedroom 1 Dormer Rendering.pdf

1 minute ago, StockmanBuilders said:

Thanks you guys. I have made the cheek wall its own wall, breaking it from the knee wall to augment its shape. I'll watch the video, Michael Gia. 

Robdyck, it won't allow me to attached the file as it's larger than 25MB. 

But here's an image file. 

Bedroom 2 Dormers.jpg

Did you try using a ceiling plane for each side of the room? It looks like that should work simply enough. Obviously just drag the sloped ceiling plane to the interior of the cheek walls.

14 hours ago, StockmanBuilders said:

it won't allow me to attached the file as it's larger than 25MB

Zipping the plan file while the plan is closed in Chief is the usual method to get under 25mb.

after that you can delete unneeded items , eg furniture, vehicles etc if already in the plan.

M.

On 5/5/2020 at 10:56 AM, StockmanBuilders said:

Thanks you guys. I have made the cheek wall its own wall, breaking it from the knee wall to augment its shape. I'll watch the video, Michael Gia. 

Robdyck, it won't allow me to attached the file as it's larger than 25MB. 

But here's an image file. 

Bedroom 2 Dormers.jpg

I did this video on dormers a while ago but it might help you...dormers can be tricky.  

• Like 1