Auto electrical problems

builtright3

Not sure if this is a glitch in the system or my settings.

• Patio electrical lights and plugs do not come up as exterior even though it is an exterior wall and there is no problem with the deck area
  • Auto outlets show up in one bathroom but didn't place them in the other bathroom
  • Even though I have a room divider in between the Living Room and Kitchen the auto outlets put them in both when I selected only the kitchen and also added them to the hallway. Shouldnt the room divider keep it separate?

Capture.thumb.PNG.923730b4f3dae8af952dd70d008cfe49.PNG

4 hours ago, Doug_N said:

Hi Joe, hard to offer an opinion when the plan is not posted.

My apologies. I should have been more clear.
I'm not asking for a fix, I'm asking if anyone else is having similar problems with this in X12? If your not I will continue to figure it out myself but if this is typical behavior then I wont take the time to try and fix it. Not worth it.

Thank you for your reply!

7 hours ago, builtright3 said:

Even though I have a room divider in between the Living Room and Kitchen the auto outlets put them in both when I selected only the kitchen and also added them to the hallway. Shouldnt the room divider keep it separate?

No.

Invisible walls are ignored when auto placing electrical.

Make the invisible walls (room divider walls) visible, place outlets, make walls invisible.

Auto outlets show up in one bathroom but didn't place them in the other bathroom

Did you click in the second bathroom to place outlets - and they just did not place?

It should work. 

You need to click in each bathroom.

8 hours ago, builtright3 said:

Patio electrical lights and plugs do not come up as exterior even though it is an exterior wall and there is no problem with the deck area

How did you place these points - I assume manually because auto place electrical doesn't work for external room types.

I also assume you used the toolbar electrical drop down points.

This will not give you exterior points - you need to select these from the library.

The type of wall has nothing to do with the type of electrical point.

29 minutes ago, glennw said:

No.

Invisible walls are ignored when auto placing electrical.

Make the invisible walls (room divider walls) visible, place outlets, make walls invisible.

Did you click in the second bathroom to place outlets - and they just did not place?

It should work. 

You need to click in each bathroom.

Yes I clicked in the second bathroom and the outlets didn't place but the lights did.

20 minutes ago, glennw said:

How did you place these points - I assume manually because auto place electrical doesn't work for external room types.

I also assume you used the toolbar electrical drop down points.

This will not give you exterior points - you need to select these from the library.

The type of wall has nothing to do with the type of electrical point.

Yes, I thought because it is an exterior wall the light would automatically place as an exterior light just like it did at back deck.

However, I changed the patio to a porch and it worked as an exterior light. I didn't really know there was a difference between a patio and a porch as far as the electrical settings. Both are still exposed to the elements.

50 minutes ago, solver said:

My X12 install has a Patio room defined.

Thank you for sharing I thought I was loosing my mind thinking I created it!

You would think the patio would have the same settings as the porch as far as electrical is concerned. The only difference between the two is the patio is slab on grade and in the back yard and the porch is usually off the front entrance (slab or raised).

Anyone that can answer, 

When you place one of these fixtures, depending on the room type and where you place it such as a wall or ceiling they will automatically change to what is required for the condition. Such as a vanity light, wall sconce, can light....

My question:

Is there a way to change those default settings?

Capture.PNG.a166843419b31fc14a9b375c22c5d634.PNG

8 minutes ago, builtright3 said:

Anyone that can answer, 

When you place one of these fixtures, depending on the room type and where you place it such as a wall or ceiling they will automatically change to what is required for the condition. Such as a vanity light, wall sconce, can light....

My question:

Is there a way to change those default settings?

Capture.PNG.a166843419b31fc14a9b375c22c5d634.PNG

Are you asking about the default setting - electrical?

image.thumb.png.086bf9a933553fd56ab44d3d4c5f1b17.png

29 minutes ago, parkwest said:

Are you asking about the default setting - electrical?

image.thumb.png.086bf9a933553fd56ab44d3d4c5f1b17.png

I know where this dialog box.

I will try to ask the question better;
If I want a surface mount light to set automatically in a bedroom and a can light to automatically set in a laundry room or hallway, how can I set that? Or is it even possible?

I'm talking about automatic placement, not having to go in the library and get it. Chief can change this but can we?