USING A RAMP FOR A WALL AT THE STAIRS

mtldesigns

A little guidance here.. please.  I have a ramp wall that I am capping at the stairs.  I have a couple issues with this method...  was wondering if there is a work around or setting to correct the items I mentioned below, or do I just need to finish using 3D Polylines.

My first attachment I was wondering if there was a way I can delete the post at the wall?  Just like we can do with railings.

On my second attachment (2-pronged question here), I am assuming I have to manually model the stringer (red) or is there a setting I am missing?  One creates at the wall.. but not the ramp.  The second part (yellow) involves offsetting newels, banisters and the railing.  Ramps put two railings in, and you either have to turn both off or leave one on.  In this case I left the right on.  This hangs the newel post over the "tread".. what I call the "wall cap".  So I offset this in the newels/balusters dbx.  The post moves, but not the railing or the balusters.  How do I get these to move also?

I will be out of office most of the day tomorrow, so hopefully when I return I can hear from all you experts  :-)

THANKS IN ADVANCE.

InkedSTAIRS 1_LI.jpg

InkedSTAIRS 2_LI.jpg

WOW...

I was reusing the same plan for a builder for another house, and I had the ramp wall in that (did back X10 days).  OK.. well, no more answers required..  Thanks Chop.

And I was like "whose Jenna"?  :-)  How could I forget...  we all look forward to her vids in the spring.

17 hours ago, mtldesigns said:

Thanks again Chop.. was so simple to create.  All the issues corrected.  In the future on old plans, things like this, need to see if a new version can fix items instead of using more duct tape.

STAIRS 1 revised.jpg

I would HIGHLY recommend that people read through the New Features list at every single upgrade and don’t move to the next item on the list till you have tested or otherwise fully understand the one you just read.  

I find that in general people tend to only understand a small percentage of the program which really limits what they can do with it.  After using the program for long enough, it’s very difficult to prioritize time (and to choose

topics) to backtrack and learn.  So, when a new version is released, you can either fall further behind or you can take advantage of the opportunity for a sort of forced refresher course.  At least this way you stay abreast of any changes and as a bonus you get to learn a few things you’ve possibly been missing.  

• Upvote 1