Is there any way to force new objects such as a window, wall, or door to snap to the grid? I have my snap grid/snap unit set to 1". I would like for new items to be placed in the plan on a whole inch and not fractions. As it is I can drop in an object and the dimensions to it will be off the grid and not a whole number. I have to manually move the object to get the dimension to a whole number. I have attached an example of my problem. To many unwanted fractions. 

No Attachments..........but double check that you have Snaps ON , not just set to 1" ( or 1/2" or whatever you prefer ) 

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ChiefJayStrong
    Newest Member
    ChiefJayStrong

• By Christhebuilder
      I don't have the option for auto interior dimensions available in the dimension drop down menu. Am I missing a setting that makes its available? Auto exterior is there, NKAB is there, Just not auto interior. What am I missing? 
    • By DeckQuestions
      I need my CA walls to match these drawn measurements, but I'm having trouble getting both the diagonal-wall-length and horizontal-wall-to-horizontal-wall dimensions to agree. I think it's because CA can't/won't automatically alter the angle of the diagonal wall.

Is there a way to get everything where I want it without eyeballing and manually fine tuning the the angle?

• By cjanderson66
      Does anyone have a good way of doing a dimension for an arc.  I was so used to AutoCAD's nice way that you could dimension an Arc/Radius easily and have not found one way to do it nicely that I like.  I would love for CA to have an Arc dimension child menu that would be customizable.  I would also like CA to have the the dimension feature a bit more customizable as well as I don't really like the arrows either and would love a bit more of an Architectural arrow. 
    • By A-H_Ryan
      Ever since I have updated to Chief 11, auto interior dimensions is not in the drop down list.  Where did it go?
    • By Designer100
      When I am moving a wall it shows decimals instead of regular temp dimensions. Any suggestions on how to get this back normal. When I draw dimensions, they area correct. 

Thanks for any help.
      Chief x10, Windows 10 
      newell.cheatheam@gmail.com