EconBlueprints

Molding On Polyline Solid

What are you trying to do?

Molding Polyline, use a Custom Countertop or Soffit instead of a polyline solid.

Eric, I am trying to create a flat, stepped roof over an exterior landing.
The Soffits worked great, but I am still having trouble with the crown molding, but it seems I am having a problem with crown moldings in general.

Thanks,

Lane

15 minutes ago, EconBlueprints said:

but I am still having trouble with the crown molding

What sort of trouble? I suggested a soffit or countertop because both can have moldings attached to them.

I would just add a Molding Polyline along the exposed edges of the "Soffit-Roof" and specify the Crown Molding of your choice.

Note that the Crown Molding may be on the wrong side but you can just toggle that.  It may also be at the wrong elevation - just set the Vertical Offset.

note that sloping soffits will not accept molding that slope with the soffit. Chief needs to fix that.

Can you be more clear about what your trouble is with the placement? Vertical? Horizontal? Size? The options in the Soffit Specification dbx provide lots of control:

molding1.thumb.PNG.f095f3b750d5a6750ec5249df111934b.PNGmolding2.thumb.PNG.3892a2aeca2a5305a62a39d4083387cc.PNG

See how easy it is when people who know what they are doing show those of us who do not?

Thanks a million!