Wall Break Tool Not Working

Designers_Edge

Has anyone encountered a problem using the wall break tool?  In all the years of using Chief, this is the first time I've had this problem.  

I select the wall break icon and click once on the wall where I want to have the break inserted and nothing happens.  The break is not there.  I've also gone into the menu to select this tool under the build>wall>wall break tool, but that doesn't work either.

I double checked the wall to make sure that the wall break was not there, by selecting the wall.  It is selecting as one continuous wall.  This is occurring near the junction of a 4" interior wall and a wall converted to a glass shower wall.  As I get further away from the junction of these 2 walls, I am then able to insert a break.  I am attempting to apply a color to the bathroom wall without "painting" over the glass wall. It will look very strange to have a 2 foot span of unpainted drywall next to the glass shower walls.

Thank you for any wisdom regarding this issue.

post-1026-0-20232000-1411432104_thumb.jpg

I believe you can't break the wall because you are trying to break it too close to the end of the wall.

Chief insists on a minimum wall length which I think is about 1.5x the wall thickness.

One way to overcome this restriction is to use a very thin invisible wall placed perpendicular to the wall you are trying to break.

Place the invisible wall away from the corner with a break in the main wall.

Drag the invisible wall close to the corner and the break will follow the invisible wall.

Probably easier to use some other method though.

Thank all of you for your input.  

Scott, the shower is not the problem.  I have done the shower walls with the custom backsplash tool which I had wanted to try out since someone mentioned using it in another thread. I did this because this shower has 4 existing windows in it and the custom backsplash formed around all objects perfectly, so this may be my new tool for shower tile.   I did not selected the shower as a room and chose tile as a wall finish.  

I am having problems on the bathroom side of the shower wall attempting to apply a paint color to the room outside of the shower,  Glenn it sounds like using an invisible wall to get those wall breaks in may be just the ticket.  I have deleted and redrawn those walls and that did not work when trying to insert the wall breaks to keep that shower glass from being painted.

I so appreciate how everyone takes the time to help out.  

No help here. This is the precise reason I use pmolding for the shower wall finish.

You got that right but I like the new wall material region instead of a p-solid b/c it will remove the drywall material underneath for a more accurate material list , like I ever use that.