capitaldesigns

cad Mask

Recommended Posts

 I am trying to place a CAD mask over one dimension on the foundation line so I can type over it.

The CAD mask does not cover up anything in the dimensions. Also the CAD mask is not covering

regular text or arrows. It does cover up walls and footings.

 

I have used these in the past to mask a dimension that was to long to fit. For example. a series of

dimension such as 1'-2", 1'-8", 1'-10". They will be written over each other. Since CA will not allow

me the change it to 14", 20", 22" I have put a mask over them and type over it with the dimension

callouts I wanted.

 

Does anyone know why the CAD mask is not covering up dimensions, text and arrows ?

 

 

Thanks,

 

Mike  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Move it forward until it covers what you want. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, capitaldesigns said:

Since CA will not allow me the change it to 14", 20", 22"

 

May I suggest in a situation like that, create another dimension line and change the format for just that line to inches. That way the dimension stays live and you don't have two other objects - the mask and the text box - floating around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Chrisb222 said:

May I suggest in a situation like that, create another dimension line and change the format for just that line to inches. That way the dimension stays live and you don't have two other objects - the mask and the text box - floating around.

You can do the above, then go to the "offending" dimension and delete those segments, then move your new dims back inline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks guys. I could not find the command to move the CAD mask forward or to the back. I just found it.

Didn't it use to be in the DBX when you double clicked on the CAD mask ?

 

Also did not know you could change the default settings for only a couple of dimensions in a dimension string.

I thought buy changing the dimension default you would also changes all of the existing dimensions in the drawing as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, capitaldesigns said:

Also did not know you could change the default settings for only a couple of dimensions in a dimension string.

I thought buy changing the dimension default you would also changes all of the existing dimensions in the drawing as well. 

 

Don't change the defaults, just customize the settings for that one string.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

  • Member Statistics

    27874
    Total Members
    6254
    Most Online
    EmilyChief
    Newest Member
    EmilyChief
    Joined