Section View Opening Indicators ?

Chopsaw

Ok so it is a cad standard ?  It just looked like a stray line until I tracked it to the Opening Indicators Layer.  It seems like a rather unnecessary detail compared to some of the things that are missing in the software.

21 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

First time I have noticed this but is this how you indicate a door in section view ?  I don't mind seeing the hinges but not so sure about the three lines.

Opening Indicators..JPG

Yep a bit strange but I hadn't noticed as I don't normally work with them on , good they can be turned off then as it looks messy.... you would think they would be inline with the glass , not an 1" off the Wall.

Chopsaw,

They are really only designed to be viewed in elevation.

There is no cad standard that says you can draw them in section.

They are just a hangover (in section) from as long as far back as I can remember - when Chief was a bit more basic.

I would class this as a bug and worthy of a report.

If the window extends past the cladding, the indicators will show. In other words, if you can see the window, you can see the opening indicator. There are a few ways to get rid of them, but each way has a pro and con. If you don't like extra work, adjust the window's settings so it doesn't project beyond the cladding. This is the simplest that I know of but it may affect your realism in rendering. Depends on what matters most to you.

Ok thanks guys.  I do have a separate layer set for sections but don't think there is a good way to hide them without precision masking if a view actually shows one in a side wall section as well as a elevation view of the far wall that is required.  It seems if the section actually goes through the door you get one on each side that is an inch away from the door surface.

I will at least see what Brain has to say as it seems no one will miss them.