Spancrete/Pre-cast/Structural concrete floors

WoodlandDesign

I've tried searching for pre-cast/Spancrete/structural concrete, etc. but am not coming up with anything.  I certainly can't be the first person on here creating a room beneath a garage and am wondering what others are doing to detail this in plans and/or cross sections.  I'd like to specify this correctly and know others must have already figured out a way.

If there is a buzz word that brings up history of this topic in the forms please let me know and I will search accordingly. 

Any input (constructive) would be appreciated! 

Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure about others and I've only run into this with one plan, but what I've done is just draw a slab manually for the floor below and then locate any windows or doors by either using absolute elevations or with reference to the garage floor.  For interior partitions, I've just resized the top and bottom of those to work in elevation view.  Might be a better way, but that's what I've done. 

Or you can make the floor structure as two elements, one the part that will get the hollowcore planks, the other the 'crete topping.  Make the hollowcore part with material "open no material," then import your properly sized planks from Sketchup and precision-place as required.

Get as crazy as you want with this floor structure, including lagging the bottom of the planks and then sheetrocking over.

Someone already did the hollowcore for us and I attached an image from the 3D Warehouse.

2019-02-19_1319.png

I thought it would be nice to be able to draw the hollow core structural pieces in plan and have them show correctly in CAD details/cross sections.  The Sketchup items look like they could work.  I'll check them out to see if they translate into 2D and cross sections.

Thanks for your input guys.

Sorry Doug, it sounds like maybe I was answering a different question altogether.  I was assuming the problem you were trying to solve was with regard to how to place a room below the garage when the floor for the garage is being supplied by the foundation room below (something that needs either a manual floor structure or a super special stacked floor structure in the one room definition). 

For the slab itself, it depends on the project, but for the average residential application, I would likely just increase the thickness of the appropriate floor/slab and then detail the rest in section view using CAD.

• 1 month later...

Jerry or anyone,

Do you know if there is a simple way to stretch these to extend the length of a garage while viewing in cross section view?   They stretch in plan view but in cross section they do not.  It seems like the object is locked perhaps?  I have tried resizing in the symbol specification DBX but don't seem to be able to change. 

I've attached a screen shot of the view I am trying to detail.

Thanks in advance.

-DG

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

If it was me, I would seriously consider using the primitives (Solids) Jerry included with his library to build some much longer spans and then just use those, multiple copy, and then trim them to the desired shape using another larger solid and Boolean operations.